Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Where is Vancouver, Washington? Contrary to what you may think Vancouver, Washington is not located near Canada. In fact we are located at the opposite end of the State, across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon.
- 2. How do we get there? By car: I-5 is the major artery for the North-South traveler on the west coast and goes directly through our area. By Air: Portland International Airport is 15 minutes from downtown Vancouver, Washington. So as you can see we are not isolated.
- 3. What will the weather be like? The average temperature for Vancouver in July and August is a high of 80 degrees and a low of 57 degrees. The record temperature for August is 107 degrees, so it can get hot here. Average rainfall for July and August is .97 inches. So, we do not expect much rain.
- 4. Has this area ever hosted a Tournament of this magnitude before? Yes, Washington District Four has hosted nine other Regional Tournaments. They were: Junior Baseball and Junior Softball, both at the same time in 2001; and Junior Softball in 2002; and Major Softball in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008,2009 and 2010.
- 5. Will we have a good time? We will try very hard to make your stay and play an enjoyable experience. We have been preparing for this tournament since last year’s tournament ended. If you find anything lacking please contact one of the Tournament Committee members.
- 6. What about team meals? All teams will receive one (1) meal per day at the tournament site. This will be the evening meal.
- 7. What about practice facilities? Times and locations will be available to sign-up for at the managers meeting.
- 8. What if we win this tournament, what then? If you win this tournament your team will fly out to Michigan from Portland, Oregon on August 10th. Flight information will be available at the managers meeting